I can hardly believe that Receiver is finally 5!! He has been counting down the days since he turned 4 and now we get to move onto "Mom, when will I be 6"?
So, there were a couple of big things on Receivers list that we did on his birthday...
1. We HAD to have his 1st Big Mac! LOL. I am not sure where this request came from but who am I to argue with a 5 year olds logic..so, you guessed it we all loaded up and headed to the Mc-Arches for that little 600 calorie doozie!! I guess the good thing was that he only ate about 4 bites because it was just too big!
*No pictures of this event either..what was the matter with me?*
2. We had to go see "ViKtor" the Vikings mascot. This was no small feat! Luckily, it was the 1st day of training camp so we were able to drive 2 hours and visit him. Receiver also got a signed Adrian Peterson football while at practice. Unfortunately, there were too many people to get a photo of both of them together...but here he is signing the ball for receiver!! Go # 28! Right now him and Jared Allen are the ONLY things the Vikings have going for them!!!
3. We had to buy a "Viktor" hat. This was his small birthday gift because as most of you know...the boys opted for a puppy this year instead of a large birthday party..so here is Receiver in that sweet "Viktor" hat. Can't imagine this coming off anytime soon!!!
4. CAKE & Ice Cream! Of course....my children live for this stuff (I'm sure that is NOT hereditary or anything)!
TOP 5 things that I love about receiver, in no particular order:
5. He is soo adventurous! Yes, sometimes this equates to danger but he makes me see the excitement in climbing fences or jumping off refrigerators. Those little things that I forget about!
4. He has always known his limits as far as bedtime is concerned, from the second he wakes up he is going 100mph so I really appreciate that come 7:30 I hear those lovely words "Mom, can you tickle my back?" That is code for I need to go to bed!!
3. He is a really funny little guy. Loves to tell jokes and he gets the punchline!
2. He has a really great singing voice. This kid can carry a tune!
1. He is a gentle little boy that deep down, just needs to be loved like all of the wonderful kids in our lives...and THAT he is!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love- Mom, Dad and Quarterback!