8. You are a SPORTS FREAK. I mean not just the average kid who is interested. You LIVE and DIE by ESPN and if Sports Center is not on in your room to tell you the stats of the last MLB game...uh, watch out! A boy has got to know what Joe Mauer is hitting for the Twins...RIGHT?
7. I do NOT need a tip calculator with him around. Thanks to his math skills I can safely go out to eat without feeling like a cheap skate anymore!
6. An avid collector of all things SPORTS Jerseys. Yep, he is in love with $60.00 shirts with numbers on the back. Gone are my days of the $1.99 T-shirt from Old Navy. He has his own style and even his principal at school says "Hey, you look weird without a jersey on"!
(Now you know why I wear the lamest cheapest clothes I can find)
5. He plays Hockey in the basement with his brother at least 10 times a day. Yes, someone always comes up with an injury but what else are big brothers for? They have to show you the ropes, and sometimes you get burned!
4. His spelling determination. He wants to soak up that dictionary and as long as I am around to promote that...we could be spelling bee bound! Today's word CONSCIENTIOUS. Dudes, I had to look that up again to spell it correct myself...YIKES, I am not a teacher!
3. That jacked up smile that he has! Yes, I LOVE IT! It is soooo him right now. I just love that his 2 front teeth are a little crooked and that the 2 next to the fronts are totally MISSING. Yes, you heard me correctly...No ADULT teeth are there. So, it is a good thing he is sticking with us because the Orthodontia bill is going to be a little crazy!
2. He still snuggles!!! Yes, my 8 year old still climbs into my bed at 8 in the morning and says "Good Morning Mom and Dad...I Love you!!!" Uh, Yeah, I'm gonna take that until he is at least 50...bottle it up and take it for another 50!!! ;) I Just LOVE that!!!
1. He is beginning to let God guide his little life! He understands that when he makes mistakes that forgiveness is key and that with God in your heart, you will always feel a "tug" as he calls it to do the right thing.
Happy Birthday to one of the most grateful, sweetest, kindest, hardest working, naturally good looking, adorable, sporty, smart, children I know....(Yes, I am bias).
I can't believe that you are 8!!!
Mom, Dad & Receiver LOVE YOU!!!