Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Time 5:03 PM
So, here is where you get a vote! And I am talking to all the folks who check this blog but don't leave comments. This is your time to tell it all like you see it! No hurt feelings here but I have to say I am kind of digging my October color...who knows whats up for November??? I must be crazy!!
Time 1:07 PM
Monday, September 29, 2008
Time 8:53 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2008
The leaves are beginning to change here..ever so slightly but change they will! Over the next couple of weeks we will begin to see the beautiful green foliage of summer turn into the wonderful fall colors that most of us all know and love!!
Now most of us have fun events planned for the kids and Halloween is on the horizon. However, I can not stop thinking about all of the things I have neglected around my house over the summer that seem to rear its ugly head around September and October.Maybe it is all the I'm finally in the house and I am noticing it or maybe just maybe that huge scratch on the wall JUST happened (yeah right)!
Here are a couple of fall photos that I took yesterday and today. Most of you know that I am not a huge Nature buff but there is something about the colors and the fall that I just can't stop snapping. I love carrying my camera around with me. You never know what you might capture.
So, while I knock off a couple of rare items on my to-do list, you get to enjoy a couple of shots that I think are pretty great. Toot Toot my own horn!
1. Sugar maple leaves in a mall parking lot.....=) Which one? I'll never tell.
2. This birch tree that is over by Mason's preschool...crazy. The whole thing has turned already...and the nice lady let me take a pic of it!! She must have thought I was nuts! PS. I was on the ground staring up at this thing...It was huge!
Time 11:02 PM
Saturday, September 27, 2008
This song is from a really great band called LifeHouse. They hit the Christian scene a couple of years ago and they have gone both Christian and Secular singing mostly about love. If you have checking into my last couple of songs, you will notice that I might put a different spin on my songs. Don't get me wrong, my favorite radio station and music are still all the Christian tunes that we know and love. Sometimes I seek out songs that minister to me at different parts of my life. I consider this song to be a great work out song because it talks about "forgetting all I am lacking, completly incomplete, I will take your invitation, if you take all of me"...I love that verse (and when I am working out, I need to forget about all I am lacking)!!!
Hope you enjoy todays video.....
If you want to check out more Then Sings my Soul...please check out Signs Miracles & Wonders.
Time 10:47 AM
Friday, September 26, 2008
Time 10:00 AM
Thursday, September 25, 2008
I have been indulging in a couple of books concerning how to be a better friend over the past couple of months and it is something that has really been changing me. Now, when I say changing, I am NOT talking about perfection because many of you who read this would be considered friends so you already know that I am NOT perfect!!!
In fact, I am so far from perfect that it really makes me wonder if there is really hope for me sometimes ;). Thank God for Grace!!
So, before I begin my review of what I think it takes to be a good friend, I just want to say THANK YOU to all of my friends (especially my best friend Erik) for sticking with me and being there. I am a work in progress and hopefully all the rest of us are too!
Now..onto the juicy details of what I have been reading:
I read this book a long time ago but I again snagged it off the bookshelf for a little refresher course. I think that it has great insight into being a friend and not only that but I think it can be pretty useful in marriage too (believe it or not, men have most of the same personality traits that women do..we just discuss them)!
Now I don't want to give away too much information because I really think that everyone should read this one for themselves. We all have certain situations that stick out however, this book really delves into the person who "WE" want to be...not who our friend is. I again was reminded about what "I" need to do to be a better friend and why God has put my friends in my life!
My favorite Bible verse on friendship: Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. 10 For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!
Time 12:00 AM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
I know that this movie will save marriages and make them better,
Been thinking about this all weekend!!! So, hold onto your hats and be prepared because the book also hits the book stores on Friday Sept 26th also(I think it is called the love dare).
The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands.
Time 10:54 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2008
I took tons of pictures of Mason today. Jaxon is getting to be older and is not as cooperative if you can believe it! Mason just seems to be more natural in front of the lens...not only that but Jaxon is in all sorts of sports and Mason is not right now because of his brothers schedule, so sometimes I feel like when we do something it needs to be more about Mason!
He ordered up Mini Donuts for a snack, went down the Big Slide, and played in the Corn pool. If you have not gone, you need to check out Severs Corn Maze.
You will not be disappointed...and in lieu of the election the corn maze is Election themed!!!
Time 10:16 PM
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Time 9:42 AM
Friday, September 19, 2008
1. Starbucks - The dinosaur drink by now but still "Grande, Non-fat, No-whip, Iced, White Chocolate Mocha
2. Church - Eagle Brook that is....helping to develop me into the person that I need to be and God wants me to be.
3.Ebay - Can't seem to get enough of the selling...I love getting rid of old things and making money...watching my paypal balance grow.
4. My family - I love Erik, Jaxon and Mason and putting them after Ebay...HA, it is really the other way around!!!
5. The Shack - A book I just finished that was sooo unbelievable....
6. Photography - Still learning the ropes but I could see myself getting hooked for good...And saving some serious $$$ along the way
7. MiMi...I just can't get enough. She has always been great but we are closer than ever....
8. Flag Football...fun to watch Jaxon learn the rules...he soakes it up like a sponge
9. Nikon - I love Nikon...they are so great..customer support, I could chat with them for hours....
10. Fall..my favorite season, sweaters, smores, pumpkins what else could I ask for?
11. Turtle Lake - I am not sure how they continue to do it, but I love this school....they are awesome!
12. Smoked Cheddar Cheese - It is amazing...if you have never tried it, pick some up at Target or Lunds and due yourself a favor...
13. Facebook - Obvious Reasons but I am soo in love with this!
14. Scrapadoodle...my blog....dah you are reading it...
15. Scrapbooking....I am caught up which always feels good
16. My parents...since my dad's health issues, I am not taking them for granted in the slightest!
17. Rocket Dog shoes...could they be any cuter and comfy???
18. My trusty old Coach purse...can't seem to part with it...and that is a good thing right?
19. All of my girlfriends.....SHOUT OUT TO THE LZADIES =)
20. My job....could not ask for a better job as a mom....it is great and I am thankful for it every day....
Time 7:43 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2008
So ladies, I get stuck in the kitchen with the same 5 recipes like everyone does....so when I come across something that I know that I would love, I want to share it. Now, it is very simple. This is a potato recipe that I have made for years but we had some friends over last weekend and I made them...she had never heard of them so I thought I would share. Again, not rocket science on my blog by any means but maybe...just maybe an occasional nugget or two of useful information. Trust me when I say that your family will gobble these things down so fast you won't know what hit ya...sometimes there is not enough left for my plate! So, if you know that you kiddos (and hubby's) like potato's you may want to play with the amount. Any more than 8 potato's and I would add a 2nd packet of seasoning.....Hope you try them and enjoy them when you do......Feel free to share your favorite recipe. I am always looking for something new to add to the arsenal on -40 degree nights when I can't muster another bowl of chili! Good Eats....=)
Time 7:44 PM
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
(and when I say player, I really mean error inducing ball handler).
We played our first two games tonight with a lot of really close matches
but ending up with a goose egg...next week right!
I have never experienced "team" very much.
I was in track and cheer leading in high school but that has been a few years.
I really felt like we were connecting really well with the ball and with each other.
So, tonight's top ten list is (insert drum roll)......
The Top 10 Things that I love about Volleyball
10. The fact that our team showed up in all bright yellow...(the only ones I might add with matching uniforms)!
9. The constant sound of our bodies thwacking in the sand.....it was nauseating.
8. The whistle....were they blowing that for us or no????
7. The 1st ref not even telling us rules, and the 2nd being pretty hard core...(for the bronze league).
6. Ambi playing paper, rock, scissors as the captain...really, no coin toss!
5.Wetting your pants you are laughing so hard....
(This is NOT a joke....not a lot of bladder control in this league apparently).
4. How many times can Tarah serve it...yeah baby!!! I think the streak was 5 or 6.....
3. Missy and Rachel trying to kick the ball...which is legal but still weird nonetheless.
2.The new name that we called ourselves...the killer bees....the sting hurts!
1. Me being hit in the head with the ball...not once but twice against the same team....
they thought it was humorous.
Thanks ladies, that was a great time. Can't wait till next week....Oh, yeah. I will be a work. Bummer!
PS, I know that I look like I have no hair, but I pulled it back to keep from coming out. Note to self, do NOT do that again...not very attractive.
Time 10:28 PM
Monday, September 15, 2008
I'm gonna need a lot of help on this one!!!
Time 10:59 AM
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Time 3:31 PM
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Time 3:24 PM
Friday, September 12, 2008
We were slotted to head out and visit my cousin and her family in Lakeville but her little girl came down with a double ear infection (poor thing)...
so plans were canceled and it was just what this family ordered.
A night of nothing but fun Fenn style.
Here is a pic that I shot the other day during our photo shoot....
I just love how Mason is trying his hardest to get that ball to stand up so he can kick it
(yes, after I shot the picture I went to help him)!
Hopefully our Fall will have many more Fridays like this one....
Family, Food, Football, Fantastic Fun....now my Friday is done....
(is it too late to add face book to the stack of f's)?
Time 9:51 PM
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Time 9:33 AM
Since I some how missed my Technology Tidbit on Tuesday I am gettin it done on Thursday. My tip is about a really cool site that will actually take your blog and publish it into a book ala scrapbook or coffee table book. The prices are not that expensive to start with but the additions can make them pricey. A nice book on average is about $40-60 which is cheaper than a scrapbook!! Anyway...the name of the site is www.blurb.com
Time 9:27 AM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
10. Walks with Jeans and a sweatshirt....no jacket, just crisp cool air
9. Bonfires...I love them, have them all the time at home with Smores
8. I love puffy vests...really I do, I own far to many in insane colors
7. The crunch of the leaves when they fall
6. The apple orchard or pumpkin patch...my kids love them
5. Hayrides...so peaceful and exciting
4. Sunday afternoons with the fireplace on, snuggled on the couch with Football on.....(NAP TIME)
3. Getting back into the swing of things after an eventful summer
2. Layering...I love A short sleeve T with a T under neath and a vest...just a really great look!
1.....Caramel Apples..I love them, can't live with out them...make them with the kids LOVE THEM!
So today I got the itch (again, thanks to my cousin) to finally go get some pics of the boys outside in some fall gear...could not have been a better day, sun shining, gorgeous clouds and the boys behaved really well (Yeah).
Here are some shots of what I took today....not to shabby if I say so myself....whoops, is this Toot my own horn Tuesday or is it Top 10.....I guess you will decide!
Time 10:58 PM
Monday, September 8, 2008
Time 7:00 PM
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Last fall on Sunday night we sort of got into this routine to playing Monopoly. Jaxon really loves to play and it is hard when Mason is so busy to really focus on the rules of the game....but he is REALLY good at it...(is there a professional Monopoly group that meets after school)? Kidding of course. We have the "Here and Now" edition which means that there is no thimble, or car..instead we have a Starbucks coffee cup, a razr phone, a jet plane....ect.
Also, you do not have Park Place and St. James...instead you buy places like Yankee Stadium and The Empire State building. We don't deal with dollars here...everything is thousands and hundred thousands. Man how the game has changed from when we were kids...what was wrong with our version?
I just thought I would share a little family tradition to get back into...TV off, no phone calls and a little quality time that is much needed.
Time 8:15 PM
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Got this idea from my cousin and I have really been into the Christian music lately. Not allowing my kids to listen to any of the other crap on the radio is really paying off with Mason clapping his hand and saying "You are Holy", " You are mighty", and I will love you all of my days...is pretty inspiring!
So, even though this band is not Christian per say....The story behind these words makes me realize that we all have numbers and no one can see them except God. The words to this song are so powerful "Say it to me if its worth saving me." Essentially saying stop being chicken about your faith and share it. It is NOT a secret! You have to watch the whole video to understand the concept but it still gives me chills....and I love his voice! Enjoy!
Time 9:21 PM
I took off this morning to do some work (again, not complaining). I hit several Best Buy and Circuit City stores before heading over to the church @ 2pm. While I was away, the boys were playing with Mason's favorite neighbor and friend Trevyn. As you can see, they are the backyard buddies. They sent me this picture on my phone....sorry if it is grainy.
Hope you had a blessed Saturday!
Time 9:04 PM