Monday, October 19, 2009

I ♥ Faces...Pink Week!!




This weeks category at I♥Faces is for a cause!
Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
we are all participating with "PINK" on our minds and our hearts!
I would just like to give a huge "YOU DID IT" to my friend Jen who is a Survivor and has recently just began sporting her saucy new hair do!!!
I will have to get a picture of her (of course it will be at the hockey rink)!
So for my Grammie and Jen who won't let this thing win...
Here is a little receiver who has got some "PINK FEVER"!!!

Be sure to check out I♥Faces this week....
there are some AMAZING photos that will move you to tears!


31 CHEERS from the Crowd!:

Sonya said...

Nice photo and a great cause. The kids were able to wear pink on Fri in support of breast cancer. The school librarian is losing her battle with this terrible disease.
glad the kids were able to play outside today.

Mich said...

Cute Picture.

such a horrible battle for many women to have to fight.

Candy said...

Let's beat this thing. I lost one of my best friends to breast cancer, but my mom seriously kicked it in the butt for 25 years now. Yes, real men do wear pink!

Leslie said...

YES...THEY...DO...!

Cute pic, great cause!

Mimi said...

I remember when breast cancer was something that you didn't talk about. I'm so glad that it's not a cause of embarassment, but an open and in your face cause. Sometimes progress rocks!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH what a cutie! But you can't convince my son to wear pink. He thinks it is way too girly ;)

Glad to know your friend is a survivor. May we stand together with our sisters who are fighting this horrible disease!

Jennifer Haas said...

So cute, and the quote is true. I think real men wear pink too!

Cathy said...

Great picture! My sister is a breast cancer survivor for over 15 years and still going strong

He & Me + 3 said...

That is a winner right there. He is so striking in that picture. Handsome!

Bridget said...

Love the picture and the great cause it is for!

Melanie said...

Such a cutie and for such a great cause.

christy rose said...

Great pic for a great cause!

Andrea said...

Awesome post for an awesome cause. One of my best friends just beat breast cancer! My grandmother also had breast cancer in the 80's and lived until just this past year. She beat breast cancer and died of old age at 89.

Blessings, andrea

Carrie said...

He's so adorable...he looks great in pink! Love it! ;)

Stephanie said...

I love that picture!!!!! And your post :)

More Than Words said...

Love boys who could wear pink!!

Congrats to your friend too, Tarah!!!

Kim said...

Very cute photo for a great cause!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a cute pic for a great cause! I have known a few who have fought and won and a few who have fought and lost...what a horrible thing for so many to go through. One of Ryan's players from a year ago, lost his mom last football season...lots of his players still remember and wear pink gloves and socks.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

This is perfect...

Sandra Wilkes said...

Precious pictures. YOur blog is beautiful too! Love the colors. Breast cancer will one day be a thing of the past. Hold that thought.
Sandra

Freckles said...

That is an awesome picture. What a heart breaker! I like the processing too.

dmauton said...

Love it.

I also wanted to pass along a blog award to you as well.
http://sahmiam77.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-was-honored-with-blog-award.html

Ali said...

Great picture! Love the processing! Such a cutie and what a trooper for him to wear pink for such a wonderful cause!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Go Grammie and Jen! Praying for you right now...

Your little man looks cool in pink...he is a real man indeed :)

E @ Scottsville said...

Great job, Tarah!!! Great poetry to assist, too!

Alice said...

great picture! and, yes, they do!

i love your topper -creative, warm, and fun!

i have my shot posted now, too. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Now this is precious!
I am loving your new look! Great header! :)

Rachel said...

I totally love your idea behind this capture... too perfect!

Unknown said...

Yay for your Grammie and your friend Jen. I have a thing for Grammies! They are my favorite kind of people on the planet. LOVE your picture of your pink receiver!

Carol said...

What a great picture of your son with his pink ribbon. My eldest sister, Denise, is currently undergoing chemo for breast cancer. She is beating it, too. Praise God!

Unknown said...

I cant believe i missed this shot last week - I love it! :-) Adam always wears pink even when the kiddos poke fun of him for it haha :-)