Folks, if you know anything about Tarah you know that my dad is a pastor and I have pretty much been raised inside church. Now, I will be the 1st to admit that I have not always been the example that I could have been because for a long time I was more concerned about my perception and what people thought of me than I was about my biblical background or how much God I spoke about.
I'm no longer afraid to speak about God and as a matter of fact, I am on a mission to do the exact opposite.
Now I realize that might scare some people off who are in my everyday life. I am not trying to do that either.
I personally just want to be more informed, and I want God to be an active part of mine and my families life.
We can't do this alone. We have just as much stress as the next family and for us, the outlet is God.
If your outlet is something different, I respect that.
Now, onto my current project...It is called Awaken. Our church began this message today and Erik and I are on board full throttle. It is a 40 day action plan to read our Bible, become more informed and in return, allow God to be a more active role in our everyday lives...not just on Sunday morning.
1. Read a passage from the Bible and maintain a journal about what you just read. Included in the journal should be the scripture, what that scripture means, and then a prayer on how it applies to your life..
2. Keep informed with the Eagle Brook Church Blog
(I will also have this listed under the blogs that I follow).
3. Sign up for the daily scripture by email from Eagle Brook Church
4. Listen or watch the Spiritual Growth series online @ Eagle Brook Church
Sundays messages will be online the following Tuesday...
5. Leave me a comment and let me know if you are interested in following along with me and I will make sure to keep up on you (not stalkerish...but more lovingly following up..=)
Thanks for letting me get on my Soap Blog today... Hope everyone had a great weekend!
2 days ago