Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday....Senses

[<span class=
Today's Thankful Thursday topic is the 5 senses, so be prepared....this one could get lengthy.

Sight - I love the sight of sight of my boys playing together. Now, I am not talking about the fighting playing but real playing...reading books or cars, hockey..
something other than screaming!

Hearing - I love the sound of a crackling fire. It is especially peaceful at a fall bonfire.

Smell - My favorite sound is silence. Honestly, I don't get that very often but I love that sound.
(OK, I did not intentionally do that but now it is too funny and I just have to leave it)....Maybe being a mom does fry your brain...or maybe you should not be on the phone while trying to blog!

Taste - Chocolate chip cookies! Best taste ever!

Touch - I love the touch of a really soft smushy blanket up against my face...the BEST way to take a nap or end the night!

For more Thankful Thursdays you should check out Grace Alone.


12 CHEERS from the Crowd!:

Denise said...

Such a sweet thankful post, be blessed.

Melanie said...

Oooh... I love those soft, squishy blankets against my face, too!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

He & Me + 3 said...

Fall bonfires! Love them! I have the softest red blanket ever, and my kids steal it all the time...everyone loves the feel of the warmth it brings! Much like the bonfires!

Kameron said...

I like that for smell you put the sound of silence!! :o) I fully enjoyed all of my senses last night at the concert, but I'm not so hot on them right now!

Natalie said...

Chocolate chip cookies!!!! Warm and gooey!

Davisix said...

Silence...I love that sound too. :) With 4 Things, I just don't hear it very often. hehe Great list!

Grammy said...

Love your thankful list.
Grammy

Debra Kaye said...

Tarah,

What a beautiful thankful heart you have! Bonfires are the best! Chocolate chip cookies ... ahh!

Blessings to you today, sweet one!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

This is great, thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

AMEN! To that list! Ahhhh - nothing like a super, uber soft blanket to roll up into for a good nap infront of the fireplace. Silence -hmmmm not sure what that is! One day I will cry for it to be noisy so I am taking it all in now while I have it :)

Love and blessings,
Jill

McCrakensx4 said...

All the things I love...warm, soft blankets and yummy cookines! Can't get better than that...almost!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Ooh, I love your list, especially the chocolate chip cookies. And I think being a mom does fry your brain. At least that's my story...and I'm sticking to it!