Monday, October 27, 2008

Your Gonna Miss This....Preschool



I know that I have said it 100 times but I frequently have to remind myself how I am going to miss the little things. Mason is 4 years old and today Erik and I decided to enroll him into Montessori school. We have been feeling an urge to pay a little closer attention to his education and FINALLY we just did it.

With that being said, it is a little bitter sweet because the preschool that he is at has made him a HUGE part of who he has become. A little man. The facility that he has been at has chapel, play time, outdoor time and he gets to stay for lunch. All his favorite things. He has developed a huge interest in letters and numbers and spelling all largely due to the teachers and care givers at his old preschool. He also LOVES music and they have fostered this to the best of their ability and I am truly grateful to them.

So, it is with a slightly sad, but hopeful heart that we bid ado to his old facility and move on to bigger and better things for Mason.

This picture is from his LAST field trip on Thursday.
We had a wonderful "Mom and Mason" day. Sadly, these do not happen that much.
We played at Pump it Up, Went to Pizza Hut for lunch, and then the Pumpkin Patch....
Our letter of the day was obviously "P".

Congrats Mason on being a Big Boy and for being excited about his new school....now talk to me next Monday when I am balling my eyes out!!!

9 CHEERS from the Crowd!:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I love that photo, he is adorable....

He & Me + 3 said...

Great Pics! Love the hat! Good choice of school too!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great pictures. Motherhood is so bittersweet. I have heard it said that motherhood is the only job where you are working yourself out of a job. I get weepy just thinking about it. It is going by way tooooo fast!

McCrakensx4 said...

He will love it! Preschool is always so much fun! After you drop him off, treat yourself to something sweet...it always helps!

Natalie said...

I can't imagine the tugging heart aches of letting your little one go. My heart aches just thinking about it and I have several years to go.

Minister Mamie L. Pack said...

Oh, I can remember the first day my eldest walked proudly into his kindergarten class while I stood off to the side with tears in my eyes. I still have 2 little ones that have yet to get to that stage. They just grow up so quickly. I love the picture.

with blessings,

Minister Mamie

Minister Mamie L. Pack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Minister Mamie L. Pack said...

Oh, I can remember the first day my eldest walked proudly into his kindergarten class while I stood off to the side with tears in my eyes. I still have 2 little ones that have yet to get to that stage. They just grow up so quickly. I love the picture.

with blessings,

Minister Mamie

Davisix said...

If he isn't just the cutest thing!!! Great pics! :) Ang